Sunday, November 13, 2016


Enjoy Life!!!


One thing I am always saying to my kids!  Enjoy life.  Life is too short to be miserable, be thankful for everything even the little things. Find things in your day to enjoy.  I might enjoy watching dragonflies, a sunset or leaves changing color and for each I am very thankful to God for giving me things to enjoy. 

I recently was challenged to look at things from a different perspective.   My son asked me to buy him tickets to a concert.  A concert that I had no interest in going to, but I could hear my own words saying to him “enjoys life.”

I prayed about the situation, I prayed that if it was not supposed to happen-tickets would simply not be available, that the concert would be cancelled or that something would prevent the trip.  I am so glad everything worked out.  I learned so much!

The concert was attended by every race, gender and age.  (This was mentioned by the artist at the concert). I was surprised at the turn out and at the kindness everyone showed during the pre-concert.  I was amazed that there was no fighting, arguing or altercations. The concert was delayed not because they were running behind but the artist wanted everyone through security before they began.  When the music started it was like one big party, 18,000 people partying with myself as observer.  I was in an arena full of people enjoying life.   People were happy; people were dancing, singing, and having a great time.

I felt like God spoke to my heart, who am I as a mom to dictate how my children enjoy life.  Surely the things I enjoy are good but if I truly want my kids to enjoy life they have to branch out and find things that they like.  Yes, we set up guard rails but seeing something with new perspective made me thankful to God that everything worked out.

Everything yes, you see I drove my son 9 hours one-way to attend this concert.  I found a hotel under $300/night in a city I had never been to before.  There was some fear involved with planning such a trip but it was lovely.  I had one on one time with my son who will be heading to college in just a few short years.  Trust me when you want to talk to your teenager such time is priceless-I had his attention for most of the 9 hours to the city(coming home he slept most of it).

I did not drive my Jeep on this trip however I am very observant of Jeeps!  On the way there a beautiful white Jeep, with a very nice wax job I might add passed us. (I am a little jealous of that wax job-I need to get busy on that).  On the tire cover was the following phrase-ONE LIFE LIVE IT!

The phrase was written in a Celtic font, anything Celtic, Scottish, or Irish immediately grabs my attention.  The picture below is from EBay it is the closest I could find to the actual tire cover.
Yes, I might be a little crazy for doing such a trip alone with a teenager, driving hundreds of miles.  But that phrase on the tire cover is true to enjoy life we have to live it.  To truly live life we have to be fearless, trust God and live.  Live today as tomorrow is not promised.

Ecclesiastes 3: 13

And people should eat and drink and enjoy the fruits of their labor for these are gifts from God.

John 10:10

The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy.  My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life.

We are to live for Christ, our eyes on Christ sharing Him to all.  Sometimes sharing Him comes by spending time with your loved ones in situations and places you never expected.


Aaron 10/15/16

No comments:

Post a Comment