“Her thoughts and reflections were habitually her best
companions.” Jane Austen Mansfield Park
I think most women can relate to this quote. Some people call it baggage, some call it
thought life, some call it overwhelming, and some just say it is the way it
is. But we are continually thinking and
planning and sometimes if you are like me I have more plans than I have time to
accomplish said plans. But as I was
thinking about this quote some scriptures came to my mind.
“My thoughts are nothing like your thought,” says the
Lord. “And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.” “For just as the
heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my
thoughts are higher than your thoughts.” Isaiah 55: 8-9 NLT
“Search me, O God, and know my heart: test me and know my
anxious thoughts.” Psalms 139:23 NLT
“No one can know a person’s thoughts except that person’s
own spirit, and no one can know God’s thoughts except God’s own Spirit. “ I
Corinthians 2: 11 NLT
So this got me thinking more, and by the way thank you Lord
that no one can know my thoughts! That
is a gift!
We have access to God’s Spirit, if we accept Jesus as Lord
and redeemer we have access to the very Spirit of God living within us. We must walk with the Spirit of God to know
the thoughts of God. My thoughts,
epiphanies, and plans are NOTHING compared to God’s plan. God’s plan is so much bigger, brighter and
encompassing of all mankind. Not just
little o me.
Then there is this verse:
How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! Psalm 139:17
I don’t know about you but I don’t always feel like God’s
thoughts about me are positive and precious.
I often think they are more like HE is shaking His head going…”What is she
thinking?” hahaha
So I end today’s post with this prayer of scripture:
May all my thoughts be pleasing to Him, for I rejoice in
the Lord. Psalm 104:34
It is not easy, but submitting our thought life to God is a
daily and sometimes minute by minute process.
Let God release you from your anxious thoughts and grab a hold to God’s.
No comments:
Post a Comment